It is the second day of the new year and it’s a time when most other bloggers take a look back at the year that passed and review their progress and accomplishments.
I just started this blog at the end of last year and there isn’t much to look back on. All I can do is look ahead and envision what this coming year might bring for me and my little blogging venture. Every aspect of this has been new to me but I am paying attention and learning as I go.
Maybe after my first year I will have clear expectations but for now I can’t really set concrete goals for myself because I have no frame of reference. However, here are some of my hopes and intentions for my blog this year:
- Just as I intended when I started out, I will continue to do this because I enjoy it. I love fashion and I love photography! I am aware of my commitment and responsibility towards my readers and so far delivering on it has been pleasant and enjoyable. If there ever comes a time when blogging turns into a chore, I will know it’s time for a change. I hope this doesn’t happen this coming year!
- I want to become better at the photography aspect and hope that my husband will want to learn with me so that our photography will improve. The fact that I do this with him is an added bonus – it’s our little weekend hobby and we share in the excitement about it. I hope he doesn’t lose interest and continues to encourage me because I do rely on his support.
- It sounds so cliche to say that I want to stay focused on being true to myself. But before I do that, I want to have a more clear idea of what my true self is, of what my brand is. I’m still trying to define it. Sometimes I feel like I have this split personality, split desires and preferences. I vacillate between my life as a stay at home mom (being practical in how I dress) and indulging my natural aesthetic (which is more refined and glamorous than the athleisure uniform).
- Another important aspect of this blog is the writing. Many fashion bloggers don’t put a great emphasis on the words beyond a brief description of the outfit. And that’s totally ok – I do have posts like that too! But I will continue to be inspired to share what I’m thinking in addition to what I’m wearing.
- I hope that you will join me on this adventure! I appreciate your feedback more than you can imagine and I encourage you to give it as comments on the posts (you can even do it anonymously), on Facebook, Instagram, or in person (for my local friends!) I hope that many more of your will be reading my blog this year!
Shop the Outfit
Top: Zara || Leggings: LOFT || Boots: Hunter || Boot socks: Hunter || Necklace: Purple Peridot