Easy Thanksgiving Table Setting for a Round Table
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Thanksgiving is supposed to be about family and loved ones getting together to enjoy delicious food around the table. It is not fussy and pretentious – at least not in my house. I will show you how I put together this easy thanksgiving table setting with items I had on hand. The centerpiece is what makes the presentation festive and dramatic and I spent zero dollars on it.
71″ Round table | Upholstered chairs | Wood bead chandelier | Tablecloth | Dishware | Chargers | Utensils | Napkins | Candleholders | Beeswax candles
Easy Thanksgiving table setting basics
- Round tablecloth – it can be hard to find a round tablecloth that is large enough for my 71″ diameter table. This tablecloth is 108″ diameter and provides the perfect neutral backdrop for our easy Thanksgiving table setting. It has the texture of linen but is stain resistant and easily washable.
- Neutral chargers – another neutral piece that can be used for any occasion – casual or festive. The wood charges will protect your table from the heat of the dishes.
- Casual dishware – these are the dishes we use on a daily basis. They are pretty and will do the job. No need to take out the fine China and fuss over it or have to hand wash it at the end of the night.
71″ Round table | Upholstered chairs | Wood bead chandelier | Tablecloth | Mirror | Cane cabinet
Tablecloth | Dishware | Chargers | Utensils | Napkins | Candleholders | Beeswax candles | Gravy bowl | Coup glasses
Make it festive
- Festive napkins – using printed napkins in the colors of the fall season is an easy way to set the holiday mood.
- Gold utensils – because we don’t use these every day, gold utensils make this Thanksgiving table setting look more special and festive.
- Thanksgiving serveware – nothing says Thanksgiving like a turkey soup tureen and gravy bowl. These pieces are absolutely adorable and I love bringing them out every year.
- Fancy glasses – these coup glasses are meant for champagne but I like to use them for any cocktail or drink, even if it’s water, to make the event feel fancy and special
Tablecloth | Dishware | Chargers | Utensils | Napkins | Candleholders | Beeswax candles | Gravy bowl
Statement making centerpiece
This centerpiece is probably what makes the whole table setting. It is so dramatic because of its scale but it was absolutely free because I foraged the branches from my back yard.
My design style has changed quite a bit through the years in favor of more textured layers and warm tones. You can compare this Thanksgiving table setting to the one I did three years ago.